New Day


Morning to night I hear people say
       how the world is splitting apart,
           how young people have gone astray.

How the leaders of our nation don't speak for us
      and yet after all I've heard
         the answers were never found.

Just wasted words that mean nothing.

If I could give a message for all the world to hear
I'd tell them,
              
            Try to smile a little each day
            Help a friend out when you can.
            Don't look back on what has been.
            Face the new day when the sun shines in.

Yes these words will go unheeded,
         unless people can sit and talk
         and respect each side.

Until you and I can walk peacefully in this
          beautiful world of ours.
 I don't know if I'll ever see it happen in my lifetime.
If I can do just one good deed for humankind
I can die knowing that I strived to make it come to be.
While I'm alive I'm going to,


           Try to smile a little each day
            Help a friend out when I can
            Don't look back on what has been.
            Face the new day when the sun shines in.